SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
The 2nd International Society for Music Education (ISME) South Asia Regional Conference
Organised by the Nepal Music Center, Kathmandu, Nepal (November 4-6, 2019).
CALL FOR PAPERS - NOW CLOSED
Thank you for your submissions
Determinations will be sent August 31, 2019.
‘Music teacher learning and life in the 21st century’
The overarching conference theme may be addressed through papers on the following topics:
- music teacher identity in and for community development
- music education in vulnerable communities
- music teachers as activists and change makers
- music teachers’ changing work and life in traditional communities
- navigating past, present and future musical practices in changing societies
- inclusive music teaching in and for diverse societies
- teaching in tertiary level music programs
- capacity building in music teacher education
- structures and processes that support collaborative professional learning and development in music education
- cross-cultural and cross-national collaboration in music education
- mechanisms and challenges implementing music teaching in formal education
- local and national politics guiding the work of music teachers
- the nature and status of music and music teacher education in South Asia
Presentations are invited as individual papers (20 minutes, 5 minute discussion, 5 minute changeover); themed symposia (90 minutes); and workshops (60 minutes).
Registrations will open soon
If you have any queries regarding the conference and the call for papers please contact Iman Shah of the conference committee.